Sunday 18 March 2012

The On-going Dilemma.

Still trying to decide in which direction to take the retro RPG project, although I have nailed it down to two candidates both of which I have material for.
1. Warhammer Fantasy Role Playing.
Back in the day this was very much on the radar for me but with my usual good timing I started polytechnic the same year my roleplaying friends at home took this up. I have over the last couple of years picked up some bits and pieces for it quite cheaply on Ebay and it does look worth a shot.



The investigative aspect is a big attraction here, my current ( I hesitate to use the word regular) role playing group have played Call of Cthulhu on and off for a long time and seem keen on this style of adventure so thats a major plus point and I personally really like the renaissance feel to the setting.
Not sure about the cross dressing goblins though.
2. Call of Cthulhu. This is a favourite of mine, despite only starting to GM it in any quantity in the last decade. The seeds of a possible campaign have been sown by last years Shanghai game and the players are still alive in a real and figurative sense so thats a real goer, the only problem is finding the time and imagination to follow up what was a decent scenario. That part of my aging brain seems to have atrophied in the last few years and I can't fall back on any of the published stuff I own because frankly most of it is rubbish.

1 comment:

  1. I would reccomend Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 1st edition. I ran the Enemy Within campaign years ago and had an exceptional time. I think the WFRP book with the most investigation is the City of Chaos supplement about Middenheim. It has dozens of npcs all with secrets and their own aggendas plus many things for the players to work through.

    ColKG

    ReplyDelete