Wednesday 20 June 2012

Nearing the End of a Long Road.

After some quite long sessions at the workbench of doom I finally have something concrete achieved with regard to the retro dungeon terrain product. After what proved to be a very productive meeting with a prospective mould-maker & caster I've progressed nicely toward producing masters for the Torchlight compatible (yet different) line of dungeon scenery.

Your basic corridor requirements.

A little more ambitious, a Y shaped intersection & 60 degree bend.

A four by four room & two part set of stairs. The original Torchlight piece serves as a comparison. 

Stairs in more detail.
There are are doors and floor tiles to complete before I'm truly finished but another few evenings work should see that done and then its off to the mould maker. Initially I'll get a few of each cast up for personal use but after that I'll produce some for sale, I haven't decided how to package them yet but probably in fixed sets of a dozen pieces or so themed around rooms, corridors etc. That however is still in the future but in the meantime I'm quietly pleased with how things are turning out.
Oh yes scale is 25-28mm as ably demonstrated by a Grenadier skeleton.

2 comments:

  1. I love your Torchlight work! It's great to see it progress. You did well to find such a big horde on eBay! I've got quite a collection myself, i've been trying to find out as much as I can about the company.

    Check out my Flickr page about Torchlight if you get a moment! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/76224132@N04/) Keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks Thomas, I was already aware of your Flickr collection, as reference material its very useful.
    Regards John.

    ReplyDelete