Friday 8 June 2012

Ral Partha Skeletons.

Had a little R & R from the dungeon project last night and painted a group of three recently sourced Ral Partha Skeletons. These are 1986 vintage and a little smaller than Grenadier's offerings, however their slender remains suggest an Elvish build so perhaps another deceased party to inhabit the retro dungeon.







On the subject of retro dungeons my discussions with potential mould maker & caster earlier this week proved very fruitful. A very small negative was that I will have to re-make my wall sections in balsa foam because blue styrene is apparently a little unstable under vacuum conditions, but as alluded to previously this was half expected. The big plus was that the set-up costs are likely to be very reasonable  making the project viable for my own use even if it is not a commercial success. The next stage is to think through how best to package and market the pieces to make them attractive to the old school RPG market.

1 comment:

  1. Very nicely presented. Great to see these old vintage editions resurfacing again. I found this same set in my old collection. Seems I bought 2 sets as I have two of each of these. I've decided to strip them back to bare metal and give them a better paint job than I did originally when I was a 15 year old. No use having them sitting in a box of old discarded minis just because I have a 3d printer now. I'm respectfully restoring them all and giving them the proper presentation they deserve. This may take a few years, but definately a passion project. Old school RPG market? I guess that's me now. :)

    ReplyDelete