Saturday 2 June 2012

Torchlight Fantasy Products. My Take.

As alluded to in my last post I was almost tempted down the dark path of re-casting some of the old Torchlight stuff I have in my possession, however not being one to do anything easy when a more complicated and difficult solution is available I have decided to start from scratch and make my own version of Torchlight dungeons based on the dimensions of the originals so they can be used together.
This is the first trial piece:


Lined up against a Torchlight corridor:


I decided to opt for a different style of masonry for my walls a) because its much easier & quicker to mark out proper courses of stonework and b) there needs to be some difference in style to contrast the two otherwise I might as well just re-cast after all.

The only gripe I have with slavishly following the original style is ending up with the attendant compromises on corridor width. A ten foot wide corridor is not ten feet wide because the thickness of the walls encroaches each side. Even more modern systems like Dwarven Forge have this feature so there may be a perfectly sound reason for it. Even so I'm going to add to an earlier set of prototypes I started to test this out.


Hopefully I'll have time this weekend to do some experimenting, then to go and see a chap I know with vacuum pots about the possibilities of making me some moulds which I'm hoping won't cause too much  pain in the wallet department.

No comments:

Post a Comment