Wednesday 1 August 2012

Introducing the Stand-ins.

Its been quite some time since my last post here; still waiting for moulds to be made for my dungeon components, but patience they tell me is a virtue.

In the meantime I've been collecting a few more denizens for the deep, dark places of the world. I was hoping at this point to be able to reveal an ensemble cast of beautifully painted Otherworld Miniatures but financial constraints have required me to improvise with the following:

Dunlendings, who will serve as Bandits or Hirelings as required.





Orc Warg riders, stand ins for a variety of mounted goblinoids.

Deadmen of Dunharrow, a little too animated for zombies perhaps but they will serve.


Dunharrow King, Skeleton Warrior perhaps.

Grima Wormtongue, definite evil henchman material.

Guardians of Dol Guldur. Death Knights?

Barrow Wight, need I say more.

All of the above are GW Lord of the Rings figures and were either abandoned projects or poorly painted figures bought really cheap on Ebay, cleaned up and re-painted. The best of it is they dovetail nicely with the existing Darksword, Ral Partha & Denizen figures that have so far been the mainstay of the retro dungeon project.
I've still to finish a bunch of the good guys for use as P.C's but more of that soon I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment